Kick your shoes off and stay awhile.
You may be here because you love bugs, dirt, and kids as much as I do, or perhaps you were looking for dirt bikes with kids on them and a search engine sent you here by mistake. Either way, feel free to hang around and interact. It’s my home-away-from-home; I turn away no one.
Here is how things work here should you interact or follow the blog:
1. I strive to post one new ‘article’ per week that will show up in full as email. Most times, life takes precedence over writing, so I really lean on recycling old posts (no email notification) nearly daily to keep something of DirtNKids in the WP Reader for regular blog readers. I also love to ‘sticky’ old posts at the top of the home page for my own personal pleasure.
2. WordPress is great for compartmentalizing! Topics are organized by categories and tags to help others better locate specific content. There is also a handy search box at the top — I use it myself, a lot. There is a veritable hodge-podge of stuff here.
3. Except when comments are closed specifically, post commenting is always welcome, blogger and non-blogger alike. Unlike some blogs, I will honor comment edits (or deletion of them) upon request. I’m always pleasantly surprised when my life of dirt and kids opens the flood gate of on-line conversation, but my feelings don’t get hurt when it doesn’t.
4. As a general rule, I reply to all comments in some way because I consider it rude not to. Just give me 24-48 hours to get to it. Want to share something with me in a less public platform? No prob. You can always contact me by email using the link below.
5. If you like what you see, bookmark the blog in your favorite browser and come back whenever you like. If you don’t want to miss a single post, have them delivered straight to your inbox or RSS Reader as they happen. Click the ‘Follow’ link at the bottom right of the screen, confirm your email address, and BAM. Dirt in your box.
6. Photos are the bling of my posts — I take lots of them. Too many photos can detract from a post (in addition to log-jamming a page load), so extras are likely to be linked to an external album. If you prefer the visual to my blabbing, then go straight to the photo site by clicking any photo on the page. You will be taken to a digital flip-album instead.
7. I do not use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, or any other social media which is why there are no sharing buttons linked to the blog. You can still share if you want to. Just let me know!
8. Though I fully support the purpose of blog awards and increasing a follower base, I rarely have time to participate when nominated. Even such, it makes my day when I get a ‘gold sticker’ no matter how many times or what kind I get. Your shout-out it most certainly appreciated.
9. With few exceptions (and they will be noted), DirtNKids content is all mine. I do love to share. If you’d like to use any of the blog’s content elsewhere, just ask or let me know.
10. To all you scared-of-nature types, I really, really like insects, spiders, and snakes. If you aren’t into that kind of thing, this may not be the place for you. I will do my best to warn people when a post has a creepy-crawly in it, but that is all I’ll do to help avoid causing your panic attack.
~ Shannon @ DirtNKids Blog